News & Updates
JUNE 20, 2019
Our practice keeps growing so we are hiring for several positions!
Must have current nursing license, medical assisting certification or registration. Epic EMR experience and bilingual (Spanish) a plus. Must be able to multi-task in busy out-patient office setting. Must work effectively with providers, staff members, patients and families. Good computer skills needed. Must be able to travel to South Hadley Office as needed.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Obtaining Vitals
- Obtaining Medical Histories
- Performing procedures such as vision screens, hearing screens, giving medications, giving immunizations, collecting lab specimens, ear washes, bladder catheterization, etc.
- Medication Reconciliation
- Triaging calls
- Completing medical forms
- Making/canceling appointments
- Keeping exam rooms neat, orderly and stocked for providers
Interested Candidates should email resume to Elsie Dejesus at [email protected]
Pediatric Behavioral Health Clinician
Holyoke Pediatrics seeks two full-time Integrated Behavioral Health Clinicians. This is an excellent opportunity to join a well-established thriving pediatric practice serving a diverse population. The successful candidate will be an integral member of our team who works closely with our providers and medical home care coordinators in our mission to deliver optimal care through our family centered medical home. Full-time positions to be located at our Holyoke and South Hadley offices. Competitive compensation and benefits commensurate with experience.
- Master’s Degree in social work or mental health counseling or Doctorate in Psychology.
- Independent licensure to practice in the state of Massachusetts.
- At least two years of experience in treating children and adolescents with behavioral health problems such as anxiety, depression and ADHD.
- Fluency in Spanish and training in evidence-based treatments including Cognitive Behavioral Therapy are highly desired.
- Interest and experience providing short-term, goal-directed therapy.
- Interest in working with a diverse underserved patient population.
- Excellent diagnostic skills and the ability to work flexibly using problem-focused, goal-directed cognitive and behavioral interventions.
- Ability to document and communicate effectively in a fast-paced, primary care office.
- Sincere interest and love of working with children to help them achieve goals, improve overall health, and participate in a healthy lifestyle.
- Provide short-term outpatient behavioral health consultation and therapy services to our patients.
- Support the coordination of care for behavioral health referrals to community-based providers and services outside the practice.
- Facilitate case management by designing, writing, and coordinating behavioral health treatment plans for patients.
- Documentation of progress notes and physician communication within the electronic medical record (Epic).
- Provide services in individual, family, and group therapy settings.
- Provide educational services to providers, staff and families as needed.
- Contribute and work collaboratively in a multi-disciplinary team environment.
Please email letter of interest and CV to Peggy Chien, DO at [email protected] or fax to 413-536-1087.
September 17, 2018
New opportunity for a BC/BE Pediatrician to join our dynamic 15 provider group serving a diverse population in the beautiful Pioneer Valley since 1971. Graduating residents welcome to apply. Two office sites- main location in Holyoke and a smaller satellite in South Hadley. Enjoy a 4 day work week and an attractive on-call schedule approximately 2 nights/month and 1 weekend/month. No delivery or C-section attendance required. After-hours calls triaged by pediatric night nurse agency. See patients in a collegial fun environment with teaching opportunities if desired (residents, medical students, NP and PA students). State-of-the-art EMR (EPIC) and new computer systems in both offices. Our affiliation with the Pediatric Physicians’ Organization at Boston Children’s (PPOC) has given our practice the ability to maximize favorable contracts with area insurance payors.
We are open 363 days a year and provide early evening acute care hours M-Th and half days on weekends and holidays. Services include on-site lab, lactation consultants, co-located behavioral health providers and medical home care coordination. Low cost of living, great 4 season outdoor activities, close proximity to five colleges (UMASS, Smith, Amherst, Hampshire, Mt. Holyoke) and easy access to Boston and NYC make this region an attractive place to live, work and play.
Competitive salary offered with partnership potential after 2 years. Benefits include 4 weeks vacation, full malpractice coverage, generous 401K plan with match and medical, dental and vision insurance. Visit us at www.holyokepediatrics.com and on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/Holyoke-Pediatric-Associates-634650416639986/
Please email CV to Peggy Chien, D.O. at [email protected] or fax CV to (413) 536-1087.
July 18, 2018
“HPA providers are opposed to separation of children from their families by immigration authorities and agrees with the AAP position on this topic”
- We are getting lots of parents calling for "school notes" as the end of the school year approaches. Please refer to our guidelines regarding school excuse notes before calling to request one for your child.
- Did you know that we offer Behavioral Health Services at both our Holyoke and South Hadley locations? Call our office for more details!