News & Updates
May 29, 2019
Certified Medical Coder
25-30 hours per week - Monday through Friday
- High School Diploma or GED
- Certification in medical coding
- 2 years’ experience in medical billing and coding (Pediatric preferred)
- Bilingual a plus
- Knowledge of medical billing and coding systems and regulatory requirements
- EPIC computer system experience preferred
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Computer literate: Experience in Microsoft Office applications
- Knowledge of auditing concepts and principles
- Analyze complex medical records and identify billable services
- Knowledge of current and developing issues and trends in medical coding procedures
- Strong customer service skills: must work effectively with providers, staff, families, and patients
Qualified Candidates should email resume to Jackie Perry at [email protected]
Must have current nursing license, medical assisting certification or registration. Epic EMR experience and bilingual (Spanish) a plus. Must be able to multi-task in busy out-patient office setting. Must work effectively with providers, staff members, patients and families. Good computer skills needed. Must be able to travel to South Hadley Office as needed.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Obtaining Vitals
- Obtaining Medical Histories
- Performing procedures such as vision screens, hearing screens, giving medications, giving immunizations, collecting lab specimens, ear washes, bladder catheterization, etc.
- Medication Reconciliation
- Triaging calls
- Completing medical forms
- Making/canceling appointments
- Keeping exam rooms neat, orderly and stocked for providers
Interested Candidates should email resume to Elsie Dejesus at [email protected]
September 17, 2018
New opportunity for a BC/BE Pediatrician to join our dynamic 15 provider group serving a diverse population in the beautiful Pioneer Valley since 1971. Graduating residents welcome to apply. Two office sites- main location in Holyoke and a smaller satellite in South Hadley. Enjoy a 4 day work week and an attractive on-call schedule approximately 2 nights/month and 1 weekend/month. No delivery or C-section attendance required. After-hours calls triaged by pediatric night nurse agency. See patients in a collegial fun environment with teaching opportunities if desired (residents, medical students, NP and PA students). State-of-the-art EMR (EPIC) and new computer systems in both offices. Our affiliation with the Pediatric Physicians’ Organization at Boston Children’s (PPOC) has given our practice the ability to maximize favorable contracts with area insurance payors.
We are open 363 days a year and provide early evening acute care hours M-Th and half days on weekends and holidays. Services include on-site lab, lactation consultants, co-located behavioral health providers and medical home care coordination. Low cost of living, great 4 season outdoor activities, close proximity to five colleges (UMASS, Smith, Amherst, Hampshire, Mt. Holyoke) and easy access to Boston and NYC make this region an attractive place to live, work and play.
Competitive salary offered with partnership potential after 2 years. Benefits include 4 weeks vacation, full malpractice coverage, generous 401K plan with match and medical, dental and vision insurance. Visit us at www.holyokepediatrics.com and on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/Holyoke-Pediatric-Associates-634650416639986/
Please email CV to Peggy Chien, D.O. at [email protected] or fax CV to (413) 536-1087.
July 18, 2018
“HPA providers are opposed to separation of children from their families by immigration authorities and agrees with the AAP position on this topic”
- We are getting lots of parents calling for "school notes" as the end of the school year approaches. Please refer to our guidelines regarding school excuse notes before calling to request one for your child.
- Did you know that we offer Behavioral Health Services at both our Holyoke and South Hadley locations? Call our office for more details!