Holyoke Pediatric Associates, LLP (HPA) is the largest pediatric practice in Western Massachusetts, serving patients from Pioneer Valley communities at offices in Holyoke and South Hadley. HPA is a group medical practice consisting of Board Certified Pediatricians, certified Nurse Practitioners, and over 75 clinical and clerical support staff. The practice has been continuously serving the health care needs of infants, children, and adolescents since 1971.
In addition to primary care services, HPA provides lactation counseling, behavioral health services, and patient education. We have a convenient, medical laboratory drawing site. HPA also provides in-hospital support for new mothers and in-hospital care for newborns and established patients at Baystate Medical Center.
Our physicians are also credentialed at Boston Children's Hospital and are members of the Pediatric Physicians' Organization at Children's (PPOC).
The practice was originally formed in 1971 when four solo pediatricians, Robert Abrams, Roland Stebbins, Ralph Levin-Epstein and Henry Burkhardt, teamed up and shared space in Holyoke to provide day, night and weekend coverage. In the ensuing years, the practice has grown with Holyoke Pediatric Associates (HPA) expanding its area of coverage by opening an office in South Hadley in 1994. The Holyoke office moved to its current larger facility at 150 Lower Westfield Road in 1997.
Today, HPA delivers services for over 50,000 patient visits per year while being open all weekdays and weekends, most weeknights, and most holidays, closing only on Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day. HPA's physician services extend to Baystate Medical Center where all of our pediatricians are on staff to provide continuity of care.
HPA's pediatricians have a long history of being involved in the communities they serve. The founding physicians of HPA helped create the Holyoke Health Center over twenty-five years ago, and HPA was also instrumental in starting a Teen Clinic in the Holyoke Public School System. HPA has long participated in the Reach Out and Read childhood literacy program, just one of the many ways that HPA physicians support the community as a group and individually.
The mission of Holyoke Pediatric Associates, LLP is to provide the highest quality of health care for children and adolescents that is accessible, affordable, continuous, coordinated, comprehensive, family oriented, and socioculturally sensitive to meet the health needs of our patients and their families. Holyoke Pediatric Associates seeks to contribute to the welfare of its community through active participation in community health care organizations and by advocacy for the health care needs of the public.
• Maintain the highest standard of professional practice.
• Encourage parents to be partners in the health and well being of their children.
• Foster a climate of communication and collaboration with parents, patients, and staff.
• Create an environment favorable to learning and personal growth.
• Encourage honesty & integrity at all times.
• Provide staff, parents, and patients with safe, attractive and functional facilities.
• Ensure management and staff at all levels will be productive, effective, efficient and accountable.
• Maintain favorable provider/staff/patient ratios.
• Create, facilitate and evaluate performance improvement initiatives.
• Encourage and develop partnerships with businesses and community organizations.