News & Updates
March 31, 2017
WE ARE HIRING FOR MULTIPLE POSITIONS...
Certified Medical Coder
- High School Diploma or GED
- Certification in medical coding preferred
- 2 years’ experience in medical billing and coding (Pediatric preferred)
- Bilingual a plus
- Knowledge of medical billing and coding systems and regulatory requirements
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Computer literate: Experience in Microsoft Office applications
- Knowledge of auditing concepts and principles
- Analyze complex medical records and identify billable services
- Knowledge of current and developing issues and trends in medical coding procedure requirements
- Strong customer service skills: must work effectively with providers, staff, families, and patients
Interested Candidates should email resume to Jackie Perry at email@example.com
- Must have current nursing license, medical assisting certification or registration
- Bilingual a plus
- Must be able to multi-task in busy office setting
- Must work effectively with providers, staff members, patients and families
- Good computer skills as all documentation is done in Electronic Health Records
- Must be able to travel to South Hadley Office when needed
- Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Obtaining Vitals
- Obtaining Medical Histories
- Performing procedures such as vision screens, hearing screens, giving medications, giving immunizations, throat swabs, ear washes, bladder catheterization, etc.
- Triaging calls
- Completing medical forms
- Making/canceling appointments
- Keeping exam rooms neat, orderly and stocked for Providers
Interested Candidates should email resume to Elsie Dejesus at firstname.lastname@example.org
November 2, 2016
An important message from Dr. Betsy Brooks regarding her role and schedule change here at Holyoke Pediatrics, effective January 1st, 2017.
I am writing to let you know about a change in my schedule and role at Holyoke Pediatrics. Starting in January 2017, I will be decreasing my clinical time to two half days per week. I will assume a new position as the Western Mass Regional Medical Director of the Pediatric Physicians Organization at Children’s (PPOC), the primary care network associated with Boston Children’s Hospital that Holyoke Pediatrics joined on April 1, 2016.
I will be seeing patients at Holyoke Pediatrics only two afternoons per week. Given the limited amount of time I will be at Holyoke Pediatrics, I recommend that you switch to a new provider or at least identify another provider to get to know and see when I am not available. You can view the other providers in our office on the providers tab here.
I want to thank you for the privilege of caring for your children and families over the 32 years of my association with Holyoke Pediatrics. In my new role, I hope to work to improve the health care of the children in our community. I know that I will miss the daily interactions with you and your children.
Betsy Brooks MD MPH
October 27, 2016
We are looking for a Medical Home Care Coordinator
A great opportunity to join our team at Holyoke Pediatrics. The Medical Home Care Coordinator (MHCC) enhances patient care through a diverse role as a clinical educator, care coordinator, patient and family advocate, and quality improvement facilitator for the patients of Holyoke Pediatrics. The MHCC works in a collaborative relationship with other members of the Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH) team to improve delivery of comprehensive, cost-effective patient and family-centered care. The MHCC plays a pivotal role in facilitating health maintenance, disease prevention, chronic disease management, and clinical evaluation of medical and psychosocial needs for the patients and families of our Medical Home. MHCC is responsible for monitoring and closing clinical gaps in care and ensuring smooth transitions of care. Send resume to: Michael Zwirko, Administrator or email: email@example.com
Position Qualifications Include:
- Professional healthcare license preferred.
- Three to five years of clinical experience preferred, preferably with a focus in disease or case management. Clinical experience working with a pediatric population preferred.
- Bilingual preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills are required.
- Proficient with the use of computer technology such as Microsoft Office and electronic medical record systems.
- Ability to function independently and prioritize effectively.
Work Hours: 32 or 40 hrs. per week Posted: 10/27/2016
September 6, 2016
New July 2017 opportunity for a full-time BC/BE Pediatrician (bilingual/Spanish speaking a plus) to join our dynamic 16 provider group serving a diverse population in the beautiful Pioneer Valley since 1971. Two office sites- main location in Holyoke and a smaller satellite location in South Hadley. Enjoy a 4 day work week and an attractive on-call schedule approximately 2 nights/month and 1 weekend/month. No delivery or C-section attendance required. Night calls are triaged by contracted pediatric night nurse agency. Admitting privileges (well newborns and pediatric age inpatients only) at local teaching hospital (Baystate Medical Center) with pediatric and IM/peds residency programs. See patients in a collegial fun environment that also serves as teaching site for residents, medical students, NP and PA students. Recent affiliation with the Pediatric Physicians’ Organization at Boston Children’s (PPOC) has given our practice the ability to maximize favorable contracts with area insurance payors as well as the opportunity to transition our EMR to EPIC in 2017.
We are open 363 days a year and provide early evening acute care hours M-Th and half day on weekends and holidays. Services include on-site lab, lactation consultants, co-located behavioral health providers and medical home care coordination. Low cost of living, great 4 season outdoor activities, close proximity to five colleges (UMASS, Smith, Amherst, Hampshire, Mt. Holyoke) and easy access to Boston and NYC make this region an attractive place to live, work and play.
Competitive salary offered with partnership potential after 2 years. Benefits include 4 weeks vacation, 1 week CME, 9 paid holidays, full malpractice coverage, generous 401K plan with match, medical, dental and vision insurance. Visit us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/Holyoke-Pediatric-Associates-634650416639986/
Please fax CV to the attention of Jackie Pleet, MD at (413) 536-1087 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
August 2, 2016
Have you been watching us GROW? Just look at all these yummy vegetables growing in our garden! Have you stopped in yet?
May 16, 2016
WATCH US GROW! Our garden is planted! Come by often to see what has sprouted... Stop in often to see what has grown. Take a stroll through the designated paths and enjoy the view. There will soon be fruits, vegetables and herbs to pick and taste!
May 2, 2016
- We are getting lots of parents calling for "school notes" as the end of the school year approaches. Please refer to our guidelines regarding school excuse notes before calling to request one for your child.
- Did you know that we offer Behavioral Health Services at both our Holyoke and South Hadley locations? Call our office for more details!